God can use a prophet to perform great things, even the impossible. Imagine an IRON axe head floating on the surface of water or the bones of a dead prophet bringing someone else to life. Yes, Elisha did all that with the power of God. Elisha committed his life to serving God and in turn, God used him greatly in the land of Israel, even in death. This week, we will conclude the study of Elisha looking back at all the exploits God did through him.
- The impossible – iron axe head that swims – 2 Kings 6:4-6
- God’s protection comes by revelation – 2 Kings 6:8-12
- Fear not, the army of God is on your side – 2 Kings 6:13-17
- The Word of God will stand (regardless of the current situation) – 2 Kings 7
- Don’t limit God – 2 Kings 13:14-19
- A miracle, even in death – 2 Kings 13:20-21
Note to Parents
We have a tradition of testing the children on lessons taught at Sunday school to ensure the lessons are understood and can be applied in daily Christian living. Considering this, we want to encourage you to go over the lessons with the children in your free time and motivate them to study (like 2 Timothy 2:15 advises us to do).
Some questions that could start off the parent-child(ren) conversation include:
- Tell me what you love most about the life of Elisha.
- Name someone that Elisha helped during his ministry and how.
We are looking to have the first test February 2 or 9, 2020 depending on how this week’s class goes. If you missed the previous lessons, please visit the church website https://openheavens.ca/knowledge-base/ under children’s church.
God bless you.