Daniel had an amazing influence on and relationship with his friends Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. As a result, even when Daniel was not in the picture, they stood for God in the face of death. The story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (Daniel 3) is very well know, so we will touch on it briefly this week. In part 2 of this week’s lesson, we will learn how God showed his ultimate power to king Nebuchadnezzar. The king learnt that no matter how powerful you are on earth, there is a God in heaven that is greater than all. Similar to last week’s lesson, Nebuchadnezzar had a dream about what was going to happen to him, but only Daniel was able to give the interpretation.
PART 1 – Daniel 3
- The king’s pride and lack of
understanding– Daniel 3:1-7
- Question for discussion: Why do you think the King made that image?
- The accusation– Daniel 3:8-14
- The God given confidence – Daniel 3:16-17
- The great deliverance – Daniel 3:23-27
- Obedience to God glorifies Him – Daniel 3:28-30
PART 2 – Daniel 4
- The value of revelation
(dreams, visions, prophecy)
- Question for discussion: Why do you think we have dreams/visions?
- The king becomes a beast – Daniel 4:33
- The king is restored and acknowledges God’s sovereignty – Daniel 4:34-37
SCRIPTURE OF THE MONTH
2 Chronicles 20:20c – Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.