I have dreams, you have dreams, we all have dreams. Sometimes we forget them and wish we could just remember them when we wake up. That is what happened to King Nebuchadnezzar. He had a dream that greatly troubled him, but he just could not remember. He called his magicians, sorcerers and astrologers to tell him the dream and the interpretation. Children, that is impossible! You cannot know what a person dreams if he or she does not tell you, but the power of God upon Daniel made it possible for him to tell the king his dream.
This week, we shall learn how God used Daniel to reveal and interpret King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream thereby saving the magicians from being killed. We will look at the great image in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream and what each part represents.
- The forgotten dream – Daniel 2:1
- The magicians were called – Daniel 2:2-11
- The king’s decree – Daniel 2:12-13
- Daniel seeks God – Daniel 2:14-18
- God gives the answer – Daniel 2:19-24
- The big reveal – Daniel 2:25-45
- The head of Gold
- Breast and arms of silver
- Belly and thighs of brass
- Legs of iron
- Feet made of iron and clay
- A happy ending – Daniel 2:46-48
- Daniel’s humility – Daniel 2:49
SCRIPTURE OF THE MONTH
Ecclesiastes 12:13 – Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.